Our country is no longer controlled by, and for, We the People, but instead by, and on behalf of, international banking and multinational corporate interests. While the gradual, almost imperceptible takeover of our government by this corporate fascism has been evolving by design for many decades, it is a coup d'etat nonetheless and has been disastrous for the vast majority of Americans. This blog is an exploration and discussion of how this occurred, and the damage it has done to our democratic processes.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Corporate Hall of Shame

To end the month of July, here's a way to show who you think should top the 2010 Corporate Hall of Shame (courtesy of Corporate Accountability International). Please vote, then go over to my little polling gadget at the top of the right margin and let me know...anonymously of course...who is your "favorite".

4 comments:

Jefferson's Guardian said...

Because of the overwhelming response, I'm keeping the "No Corporate Rule" poll open until Saturday (August 7th) at 9:00 p.m. ;-)

Citizen Sane said...

Probably readers can scarcely "pick one" - they're all so awful in their own special ways. I don't see how I can choose between the banking and the oil giants! And you left out the corporation posing as the U.S. gubmint...

Jefferson's Guardian said...

But if you had to pick just one, like when picking just one flavor when visiting the ice cream parlor, what would it be?

(Here's a little secret if you'll keep it to yourself -- I think you can pick "multiple choices" if you want. I may be incorrect, but I think that's the case. Shhh...don't tell anybody! ;-)

As far as the "gubmint", I believe I left the last option available for those not on the list.)

Jefferson's Guardian said...

My "gadget poll" closed last night at 9:00 a.m. (Sorry you missed it!)

Here are the results:

2 votes -- Goldman Sachs
1 vote each -- BP, McDonalds, Monsanto, and Pfizer

My personal favorite was Goldman Sachs. Considering the devastation they were a big part of during the financial market meltdown, and the revolving door between our government and their high-level executives, it would be tough to select a company more deserving.